Our Continuous Quality Improvement workshops are designed for the aged care sector. These typically consist of 4 full-day workshops, at intervals of 4-6 weeks. The aim is to train and equip teams of champions, at different levels within the organisation, who can lead quality improvement processes. Ideally these teams will consist of healthcare assistants, registered nurses, clinical managers and other care staff such as occupational therapist, kitchen staff etc.
During the workshops the participants work on a small, practical project that demonstrates the steps of continuous quality improvement. Care-Metric Ltd uses the the methodology of the Clinical Micro System, as designed by Paul Batalden.
The following topics are discussed during the workshops:
• Working with principles of Continuous Quality Improvement
• Defining the Clinical Micros system of my organisation/department
• Designing measures that matter (process, outcome and balance)
• Understanding run charts
• Dealing with implementation barriers
• Setting up a sustainable Plan-Do-Study-Act cycle plan.